Choosing Performance Analysis Software
* What features do you really need from the software?ï¿½ Are there cheaper alternatives?
* Is the amount of technological expertise required to utilise the software at an appropriate level for students and lecturers?
Compatibility and Installation
* What video format (avi, mpg, mpeg, mod, mov, wmv) does the software require the video to be in?ï¿½ Is this the same as the video output of the digital video camera?
* Do the computers have a compatible system to the software?ï¿½ Is the software compatible for PC / Mac and/or is there enough RAM and a fast enough processor?
* Does the software have a multi-site license to allow many computers to be installed in a time efficient manner?
Number of Licenses Required
* Where will the students use the software (home / University)?
* How much time will students need to complete the tasks and are there enough computers with the software installed for students to access?
Distributing Video Footage
* How will video footage, assignments and assessments be distributed securely between students and lecturers?
* Does the University have adequate storage space for the video footage or will additional resources be required (additional server hard drives, USB thumb drives, CD-ROMs, DVDs etc)?
* What personnel resources are required to manage video footage distribution and provide software training and support for students and lecturers?